LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Cold weather can dry out skin, leaving it scratchy and flaky.
Here are a few tips from InArkansas.com to help you add much-needed moisture, which will make you feel and look better.
1. Cool down you showers as hot water dries your skin out. Use lukewarm water instead.
2. Got dry skin? Moisturize! The best time to apply is when you get out of the shower.
3. Any moisturizer will do. It really comes down to a personal preference on the feel and smell.
4. Regular exfoliation is great for dry skin. It takes away all of the dead skin that is soaking up the moisture from the healthy skin.
5. Want healthier skin all over your body? Skip the bar soap and switch to a body wash with moisturizers.
6. Sunscreen also has moisturizing components that help protect your skin from the sun's drying rays. Use a sunscreen rated SPF 15 or higher.
7. Fight against the dry cold weather for your skin using scarves and gloves.
8. Use a humidifier at home to keep moisture in the air.
9. Drinking too much alcohol can have an impact on your skin. The alcohol dries out your body from the inside out.