LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Many are out, preparing for the Little Rock Marathon coming up in just a short time.
Allison Gutherie, a personal trainer at Chenal Fitness stopped by THV11 studios to talk about good strategies to use before the big race. For detailed information, check out the video attached to this story.
Tips can be found below:
• Focus in injury preventing stretches
• Get energy from eating protein and carbs
• Bananas will keep you from cramping
• Greek yogurt will give you energy
• Eat a lot of carbs the night before the race
• Strech out muscles with rollers
• Get fluids by sipping from a camelback pack
• Mix your water with Gatorade for electrolyte
• Do not run 72 hours prior to race so muscles can rest a rebuild