LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- If you are looking for a great evening out in which you can sample food from over 15 local restaurants and hundreds of wines, you won’t want to miss the American Heart Association's Festival of Wines this Thursday.
Chef Coby Smith and Michelle Rupp from the event's presenting sponsor Arkansas Heart Hospital joined THV at Noon to tell us more and cook up a delicious dish.
The event will take place on October 6 at Dickey-Stephens Park from 6-8:30 p.m.
Tickets are $75. For more information, click here.
Seared Diver Scallops w/ Cream Fraiche and Caviar
-1.5 Tablespoons Clarified Butter
-6 Diver Scallops
-Salt and White Pepper to taste
-½ Cup Cream Fraiche
-3 Tablespoons Caviar
1. Remove Scallops from refrigerator and allow Scallops come to room temperature for one hour.
2. Season Scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add clarified butter.
5. Place Scallops flat side down and sear for approximately 1.5-2 minutes. A nice golden crust should appear.
6. Flip Scallops to other side and continue searing for approximately 1.5-2 minutes.
7. Remove Skillet from heat and transfer scallops to a plate to avoid overcooking.
8. Place Scallops on plate adding a dollop of Cream Fraiche to each Scallop and Finish each Scallop with ½ Tablespoon of Caviar.