LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A somewhat tax-free weekend on certain items is just ahead for Arkansans as many prepare to go back to school.
Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, August 2, the state will hold its sales tax holiday allowing shoppers to purchase certain school and art supplies, school instructional materials, and clothing free of state and local sales or use tax.
According to the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, all retailers are required to participate and may not charge tax on items that are legally tax-exempt during the holiday.
The holiday applies to:
- Clothing priced at less than $100 per item
- Clothing accessory or equipment at less than $50 per item
- Certain school, art, and instructional supplies
- Frequently Asked Questions for consumers: http://on.kthv.com/UnEQg9
- List of itemized items: http://on.kthv.com/161t0cf