LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- No one cares to spend time heating up the kitchen or preparing complicated foods when the weather gets warm. No-bake desserts are winners when it comes to convenience and flavor.
Food blogger Debbie Arnold joined THV11 This Morning on Tuesday to show us how to whip up some cool treats.
Frozen Lemonade Pie Tarts
-1 prepared graham cracker crust or prepared tart crusts (8-10)
-1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
-1 12-ounce container whipped topping, thawed
-fine zest of 1 lemon (plus more for garnish, if desired)
-1 6-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
-1 teaspoon candied lemon peel, for garnish (alternately top with whipped topping and fine lemon zest/ or top with fresh fruit)
1. In a large bowl, combine the chilled sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping.
2. Fold together gently until well-combined, keeping the mixture light and fluffy.
3. Add the lemonade concentrate and fold gently. Do not overmix.
4. Pour the filling into the prepared pie or tart crusts.
5. Place in the freezer overnight.
Optional: Garnish as desired after removing from the freezer to serve.
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
-1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
-1 small can Mandarin oranges
-3 medium kiwi, peeled and chopped
-1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
-1 Tablespoon lemon juice
-1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except those for the cinnamon chips. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
3. For chips: brush tortillas with butter (or spray); cut into 8 wedges.
4. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over tortilla wedges.
5. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5-10 minutes until crisp.
Additional no-bake desserts from this segment may be found at diningwithdebbie.net.
© 2018 KTHV-TV