LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Goodwill Industries of Arkansas) -- Goodwill Week, which takes place the first full week of May every year, kicks off Monday, May 5 with a week-long of awesome activities. The week is dedicated to raising awareness and educating the public about Goodwill Industries of Arkansas' life-changing mission. Last year, Goodwill served 8,300 people and placed 1,280 individuals into competitive employment.
Agenda of Goodwill Week 2014:
- Monday, May 5: Awareness Day. Kick off festivities.
- Tuesday, May 6: Career and Information Fair at the Goodwill Resource Center (7400 Scott Hamilton Rd). More than 50 employers and service providers will be on hand to assist job seekers. Hours: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call Valerie Nix at 501-372-5100 ext. 1177 for additional information.
- Wednesday, May 7: Goodwill's "Turning Jeans Into Dreams" fashion show, award ceremony and luncheon at the Clinton Center. Event is sold out.
- Thursday, May 8: Customer appreciation sale, statewide. Shoppers will receive 20% off their entire purchase. Coupon available on Goodwill's Facebook page and website. Visit www.GoodwillAR.org.
- Friday, May 9: President's Breakfast and Goodwill Resource Center tour. Invitation-only event.
- Saturday, May 10: Goodwill's inaugural Peace Love & Goodwill 5k at Murray Park. Family fun event. Visit www.GoodwillAR.org/5k to register.
For additional information about each event, please contact Rebecca Brockman at 501-349-6910 or email@example.com.