LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Spring has sprung, which means the sun is out and bunny butts are up.
Deanna Fleming with Mystery Mansion joined THV11 This Morning to show us how to make a Bunny Butt Cake for your Easter parties.
-1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow or white cake mix
-Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
-Tray or cardboard covered with wrapping paper and plastic food wrap or foil
-1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
-Red and green food color
-1 large marshmallow, cut in half
-3 cups shredded coconut
-Strawberry or cherry stretchy and tangy taffy candies (from 6 oz bag)
-1 roll Betty Crocker™ Fruit Roll-Ups® punch berry chewy fruit snack (from 5 oz box)
-Green-colored sour candies, separated into strips
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 1 1/2-quart ovenproof bowl (8 inches across top) with shortening; coat with flour (do not use cooking spray). Lightly grease 3 muffin cups in regular-size muffin pan.
2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour cake batter in 3 muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Pour remaining batter into 1 1/2-quart bowl.
3. Bake cupcakes 17 to 21 minutes, bowl 47 to 53 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from muffin cups and bowl; place rounded sides up on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour. If necessary, cut off rounded tops of cakes.
4.Spoon frosting into large bowl. Add red food color to make desired pink color. Place bowl cake on tray cut side down; spread 1/3 cup frosting over cake. Use frosting to adhere cupcakes to bowl cake for feet and bunny tail. Use toothpicks if necessary. Place marshmallow halves, cut sides down, on tops of 2 cupcakes to make heels of feet. Spread thin layer of frosting over side and top of cake to seal in crumbs. Freeze cake 30 to 45 minutes to set frosting.
5. Spread remaining frosting over cake. Sprinkle with 2 cups of the coconut; press gently to adhere. Shake 1 cup coconut and 3 drops green food color in tightly covered jar until evenly tinted. Surround bunny with tinted coconut. Use rolling pin to press strawberry candies into 2 large rectangles. Cut 2 large ovals and 6 small circles out of candy. Press onto bottoms of bunny feet, using frosting if needed.
6. Roll up fruit snack to make carrot shapes. Cut green sour candies in half crosswise; press into large end of each carrot to make greens on carrot. Cut ears from construction paper; wrap ends that will be inserted into cake with plastic food wrap. Insert into cake. Remove ears, plastic wrap and toothpicks before serving. Store loosely covered.
© 2017 KTHV-TV