LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- On those days when you don't feel like turning on your oven, but still want a sweet treat, how about trying ‘No Bake Bars.’
Deanna Fleming with Catering Creations joined THV This Morning with two easy recipes.
No Bake Granola Bars
-2 cups rolled oats
-1 ¼ cups peanut butter
-1 cup ground flaxseed or sesame seeds
-3/4 cup honey
-3/4 cup dried cranberries or cranraisins
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In a large bowl, add oats, peanut butter and seeds. Stir and add honey and cranberries. Continue to stir and slowly add in chocolate chips and almonds
2. Refrigerate mixture for at least one hour
3. Cut into 12 bars and wrap each individually in plastic wrap for storage
No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
-2 cups butter
-1 cup packed brown sugar
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-6 cups quick cooking oats
-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
-1 cup peanut butter
1. Grease a 9x13 inch square pan
2. Mlet butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a small saucepoan over low heat, stirring frequently uyntil smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan and spread evenly with a knife or back of spoon.
4. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars
Watch the video for more!