LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – It’s not just a fall favorite, it's a favorite all year-long. We’re talking about pecan apple pie. This one has a bit of a different twist.
Deanna Fleming from Mystery Mansion joined THV This Morning to show us how to make a delicious upside down apple pie.
-1/2 cup chopped pecans
-1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
-1/3 cup butter, melted
-1 box of package refrigerated pie crusts
-1 teaspoon flour
-6 medium apples, sliced & peeled
-1/4 cup sugar
-2 tablespoons flour
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Line pie pan with parchment paper for easier cleanup
2. In 9″ pie plate, combine pecans, brown sugar and margarine; spread evenly over bottom of pan.
3. Prepare pie crust according to package direction for two-crust pie (flouring each side of crust). Place bottom crust over pecan mixture in pan.
4. Press crust down around sides of pan
5. In large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. mix lightly.
6. Spoon into pie crust-lined plate.
7. Top with second pie crust, and flute.
8. Cut slits in several places.
9. Place pie plate on cookie sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
10. Cool pin on rack, then place serving plate over pie.
11. Invert hot pie, and carefully remove pan. Some nuts may remain in pan, replace on pie with a knife.