LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – It’s that time of year again! Time to escape the hot Arkansas days by catching a movie outdoors at the First Security Amphitheater by night.
Sponsored by the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau, the annual two-month event turns 13 when it returns Wednesday, June 7. Every Wednesday at sundown in June and July, everyone is invited to bring blankets and chairs to relax and enjoy award-winning films by the river.
“We are looking forward to hosting the 13th season of Movies in the Park and hope that everyone is as excited about this year’s lineup as we are,” Diana Long, Director of River Market Operations said.
The 2017 lineup includes:
· June 7: La La Land (PG-13, 2016)
· June 14: Maleficent (PG, 2014)
· June 21: The Karate Kid (PG, 1983)
· June 28: Creed (PG-13, 2015)
· July 5: Daddy’s Home (PG-13, 2015)
· July 12: Finding Dory (PG, 2016)
· July 19: Captain America: The First Avenger (reschedule from last year, PG-13, 2011)
· July 26: The Magnificent Seven (PG-13, 2016)
Children and pets are invited to the park to enjoy movies under the stars, but no glass containers. An adult must accompany all children under the age of 18 and an ID is required. The amphitheater will open an hour before film showings and movies with begin at sundown each week.
© 2017 KTHV-TV