Pine Bluff apartment fire caused by unattended cooking displaces 30 residents

PINE BLUFF, Ark. (KTHV) – An overnight apartment fire in Pine Bluff left many residents displaced.

Reports state that the fire was caused by unattended cooking.

The Pine Bluff Fire Department responded to the reported fire at the Hampton Place Apartments at 2213 E 7th Street around 10 p.m. on Sunday. Many apartments sustained fire and smoke damage.

All occupants had evacuated the structure prior to arrival of fire crews. Red Cross was contacted to assist the displaced occupants. Approximately 30 residents were displaced. 

No injuries were reported.

The Fire Marshall’s Office is conducting a follow-up investigation.

Stay with THV11 and thv11.com for more details as they become available. 

© 2017 KTHV-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment