UNDATED (KTHV) - It's been a month since the June 21 escape of convicted murderer Timothy Buffington from a Pine Bluff prison complex. His daughter, Francis, spoke to 5NEWS about his escape and how she feels about the entire situation.
Since his escape, we have learned that Buffington was 15 years into a 20-year sentence for shooting his ex-wife in Logan County in 1998; his daughter was eight at the time of that shooting. Even a month after his escape, she remains shocked and can't figure out why he ran with only four years left on his sentence.
"Why else would you runaway and lose everything that you've been working for 16 years to get to come home to your kids because he told me himself on his visitations that all he cared about was coming home to his kids," she told KFSM's cameras.
For the full story on Francis Buffington's feelings on her father's escape, go to KFSM's website: http://on.kthv.com/1k721Ie
- Listen: 911 call made by Buffington's alleged hostage (http://on.kthv.com/1mk95jo)
- A closer look at search surrounding escaped murderer (http://on.kthv.com/T4d8nZ)
- Escaped murderer still at large (http://on.kthv.com/1v42tpP)
- Man who says he spotted Buffington speaks out (http://on.kthv.com/1ms2KCj)
- Young Mississippi boy says he spotted Buffington (http://on.kthv.com/1llgXMD)
- More enhanced photos of escaped murderer released (http://on.kthv.com/1mWfh2s)
- Buffington's daughter speaks out on escape, sentence (http://on.kthv.com/1p6oLqx)