LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The Pulaski County Jail is filled to capacity, prompting it to close its doors once again.
Lt. Carl Minden with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office said the headcount Monday morning was 1,281; the funded capacity for the jail is 1,210.
Minden said per Sheriff Doc Holladay, the jail will close Tuesday at noon. The closing affects nonviolent, low-level offenders.
This is the second time the jail has had to close this year. It closed in April due to overcrowding issues. The jail reopened June 9.
- Pulaski County jail reopens to all offenders
- Sheriffs call on legislators to address jail overcrowding
- Pulaski County only jailing worst offenders
- Pulaski County criminals to be transferred
- Pulaski County jail closed to non-violent offenders
- Pulaski County jail crowding may lead to doors closing