OSLO, Norway (CBS) -- The report by into last year's deadly attacks in Norway on 22 July was presented to the country's Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg on Monday (August 13).
The commission investigating the twin attacks - or "July 22" as the attacks are commonly known in Norway - is likely to criticize both the country's preparedness and the police response.
On the afternoon of July 22 last year, Anders Behring Breivik set off a bomb outside the government building in Oslo, killing eight before driving to Utoeya island where he gunned down 69 people - mostly teenagers - at the ruling Labor Party's summer camp.
The government established the ten-member independent commission to look into all aspects of the attacks in order to learn from what had happened.
It was launched a few weeks after the attacks with the objective was to ensure that Norwegian society was prepared in the best possible way to any possible future attacks.
"Today we will receive the report from the 22 July Commission. It is not possible for a report from a commission to change what happened on July 22 last year. Nevertheless, the report is very important. It is important because it gives us facts and knowledge - an understanding of what happened," Stoltenberg said.
The mandate was to examine the ability of the authorities and society as a whole to disclose plans of attacks and prevent them, protect themselves against and reduce the consequences of a future attack, and deal with the aftermath of such events.
"The commission has come up with six main findings and 31 unanimous recommendations to strengthen the readiness and improve society's ability to avert, fight and deal with attacks," said Commission Chairperson Alexandra Bech Gjorv.
"It's been demanding and meaningful - many strong impressions. There are a series of areas that need change and we believe they're urgent," she added.
Stoltenberg will comment on the contents at a news conference later on Monday.