LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- When the going gets tough, chill yourself out. Here are five quick relaxation techniques.
Check out the full list from Real Simple: 5 Quick Relaxation Techniques
1. Tap a Pressure Point - Using your thumb, apply pressure to the spot where your wrist and palm form a crease right in line with the base of the pinkie. Hold or gently massage for two minutes.
2. Take an Epsom-salt Bath - The magnesium sulfate in the salts, available at drugstores, works as a subtle muscle relaxer.
3. Sip and Sniff Tea - Chamomile isn't the only option. Experts also tout the calming properties of passionflower, valerian root, and Siberian ginseng.
4. Mist your Face - A cucumber-scented spray can reduce anxiety and hydrate skin. That's a win-win - and can help you feel relaxed.
5. Strike a Pose - One "no-coordination-required" yoga move that encourages relaxation: Lie on your back with your rear against a wall and your legs straight up. Rest your arms out to the sides and breathe slowly for one minute. Before you know it, you'll be well on your way to relaxation.