LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - If you like to recycle items that are no longer useful, this is a great project for you.
Gather up your old garden hoses and make a playful area rug for your patio. It's comfortable on your feet and easy to make. Let's get started.
What you need:
- Old garden hoses
- Zip ties
- Pliers (Optional)
What you do:
- Fold the end of the hose back on itself about two or three feet.
- Secure with several zip ties.
- Continue spiraling the hose around the center using the zip ties to secure about every 4 or 5 inches.
- When you come to the end of the hose, secure with 2 zip ties.
- Begin the next hose with 2 zip ties butting the end of the hose up to the last one.
- Continue with this process until all hoses are used or until you reach the desired size.
- Finish up with 2 or 3 zip ties.
- Cut off the excess from the zip ties.
- Flip it over and try it out!