SEARCY, Ark. (KTHV) -- One year and nine days later, the father of a missing toddler out of Searcy, Arkansas was arrested for the murder of his son.
Here's a brief look at the events surrounding Malik Drummond's disappearance:
- Nov. 23, 2014: Malik Drummond, then 2-years-old, was reported missing by his father and stepmother. An AMBER Alert was issued. He was said to be autistic, and had wandered away from his father's home
- Nov. 27, 2014: Police reveal that Malik had never been tested for autism
- Dec. 9, 2014: The Searcy Police Department released audio of the call made to emergency services the night Malik disappeared
- Jan. 12, 2015: Fifty-one days into the search for Malik, the now-former Searcy police chief talks in depth on THV11 about the disappearance
- Feb. 26, 2015: Police search landfill for Malik
- Sept. 13, 2015: Chicago PD look into Malik's case after finding remains; the remains were not revealed as Malik's
- Nov. 10, 2015: FBI offered up to $20K for information on Malik
- Nov. 23, 2015: One year passes since Malik's disappearance
- Dec. 2, 2015: Police share with the media that Malik's father, Jeffery Leroy Clifton, was arrested for Malik's murder. Also released Dec. 2, police said they found human remains in Jackson County believed to be those of Malik's.
- Dec. 3, 2015: The girlfriend of Jeffery Clifton, Lesley Marcotte, was arrested for hindering apprehension or prosecution.