LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – Shrimp Scampi can be expensive at a restaurant, but you can make it at home for a fraction of the cost.
Valentine’s Day is just days away, so if you want to save some money and enjoy a feast at home, this recipe is perfect for you. For less than $20, you can feed a family of four or five.
Deanna Fleming from Mystery Mansion joined THV11 This Morning to show us how to prepare the easy, delicious dish.
- 1 8 ounce package of Angel Hair pasta
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound raw peeled shrimp
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup grated or shredded parmesan
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
1. Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil.
2. Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Remove Shrimp and set aside.
3. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown or it will make it bitter.
4. Add white wine and lemon juice.
5. Cook until wine is reduced by half.
6. Reduce heat to low, and add butter. If pan is too hot, the butter will separate.
7. Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese.
© 2017 KTHV-TV