LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – It may be chilly outside, but it isn't too cold for a great treat involving some ice cream.
Deanna Fleming with Mystery Mansion joined THV11 This Morning to show us how to make bananas foster with ice cream.
The recipe can be found below.
-1/2 cup butter
-1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
-2 ½ tablespoons of light or dark rum (can substitute water)
-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-6 bananas peeled and sliced
-1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
-2 pints vanilla ice cream
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat
2. Add sliced bananas and stir for 2 minutes
3. Add brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon
4. Lower heat and continue cooking, stirring constantly for 2 more minutes
5. Serve over scoops of ice cream
© 2018 KTHV-TV