NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Six members of the Arkansas Military Academy will be inducted into the Officer Candidate School Hall of Fame today, September 8.
The inductees are members of the 1977 and 1978 graduating classes of the OCS. They include:
Brig. Gen. (Ret.) Richard E. Swan of Marked Tree
Col. (Ret.) James "Pat" Ewing of Sheridan- deceased
Col. (Ret.) Russell D. Graves of Mena
Col. (Ret.) Alicia "Cissy" Rucker, of Little Rock
Col. (Ret.) Roy "Doug" House of Cato
Col. (Ret.) David A. Lively of Hope
The ceremony starts at 10:00 a.m. in the auditorium at Camp Robinson in North Little Rock.
The inductees are being recognized for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the National Guard while serving in Arkansas and other parts of the country during their military careers.
Hall of Fame candidates must be graduates of the Officer Candidate School and meet a series of criteria to qualify for consideration. Honorees are selected by a panel of previous Hall of Fame inductees. Criteria for selection as a candidate are:
• Any member who is awarded the Medal of Honor
• Members who have attained the rank of colonel
• Members who have been elected to public office in any state or federal government capacity
• Those who have achieved state or national recognition for exceptional service to the nation
• Members which attained an exceptional wartime service record
With this group of inductees, the Arkansas Military Academy Hall of Fame will total 64 inductees.