The kids are back in school, but if you are looking for a getaway, September happens to be the best month to travel if you want to save money, beat the crowds and experience the best weather.
Here are some destinations you can find good prices on from TIME Magazine.
1. Virginia Beach. September is peak hurricane season, but it's unlikely you'll actually experience one, especially in southeast Virginia. And by September, the summer crowds are gone, and hotel rates have plummeted. Expect to pay only about 100-dollars a day for an ocean-front hotel room that includes a complimentary breakfast.
2. Disney World. If you're willing to pull your kids out of school for a few days early in the school year, you won't have to fight the hoards of summer tourists who flock to the resort. Plus, the weather is cooler and less humid -- and you'll find that flights to Orlando and hotels are much cheaper.
3. Toronto. When it comes to Canada's largest city, wait until at least the middle of the month to go, unless you want to attend the Toronto International Film Festival -- which attracts tens of thousands of visitors over 10 days. But keep in mind that it's usually difficult to find good deals on airfare to Toronto.
4. Mount Rushmore. More than half of the 2.8 million people who visit Mount Rushmore every year go in June, July and August. Like other cities near summer tourist destinations, hotels drop their prices by 20-percent or more after Labor Day.
5. Paris. The weather is pleasant in September, and Parisians are returning to the city, replacing the summer tourists. Airfares and hotel rates dip starting in September, and there still are plenty of outdoor events.