Saving money isn't always easy, but if you follow these steps from Yahoo! Shine you'll notice more extra money in your wallet at the end of the month.
1. Keep Track. You can't save money if you don't even know how much you're spending. Take a week to track every single penny you spend. At the end of the week, you'll have a good idea of what you need to tackle first - for example, you might consider switching to a bank that's close to your office or home, and offers no-fee withdrawals if you find out you're spending a lot on ATM fees.
2. Keep Your Hands Off Your 401K. Dipping into your 401-K early should be used only as a last resort. It'll cost you a penalty of at least 10-percent for cashing in before you're 59. Add the taxes Uncle Sam collects and you've already lost a sizable chunk of your savings.
3. Sell Out. The quickest way to get some cash in your hands? Sell things you don't need. Have a garage sale, put your old laptop up for sale on Craigslist, or sell your used books.
4. Get Insured It might be tempting to go without health insurance if you're only going to a couple of doctors' appointments each year, but keep this in mind -- even minor injuries that end with a trip to the emergency room can leave you thousands of dollars in debt, so don't risk it.
5. Save on Your Energy Bills. You can save up to 30-percent every month. Invest in compact fluorescent light bulbs -- they use less power and last longer.Also, using cold water for your laundry, and unplugging electronics when you're not using them can make a big difference in your wallet.
You can find even more ideas to save in this article on Yahoo!