LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - October 21-27 is Respiratory Care Week, an annual event that recognizes the respiratory care profession and promotes awareness of lung health issues and practices.
The American Association of Respiratory Care says this week, Respiratory care professionals from around the country and around the world come together in their workplaces and communities to:
- Celebrate: Hosting activities to honor and reward respiratory therapists for their contributions.
- Motivate: Encouraging patients and their families in their battles against lung disease.
- Educate: Taking awareness of lung diseases like COPD and asthma to the community.
- Inspire: Building the desire in others to enter the respiratory care profession.
- Learn: Maximizing personal and professional skills with new resources.
Arkansas Children's Hospital therapist Ben Downs joined Ashley, Alyse and Tom to talk about respiratory therapy. What does a respiratory therapist do? How important is respiratory therapy to children's health? He answers all these questions and more!
Click the THVideo for more.