LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A judge has delayed the trial of an Arkansas man who allegedly strapped what he said was a bomb to a woman's ankle and then tried to force her to withdraw money from a bank.
Paul Bradley's trial was to have started Monday in Fayetteville. Prosecutor John Threet says no new date has been set yet.
Bradley has pleaded not guilty to robbery, kidnapping and firearms charges at the state level. He was arrested earlier this year after authorities say he tried to extort money from a woman and her husband.
Prosecutors say Bradley attached what the woman thought was a bomb to her ankle. The device turned out to be fake.
Bradley pleaded guilty to a federal weapons charge this year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)