LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AMVHOF) -- The goal of the Arkansas Military Veterans Hall of Fame (AMVHOF) is to honor the exceptional military achievements of Arkansans and to educate Arkansans about those accomplishments. An Induction Banquet will be conducted November 9, 2012 at the Embassy Suites in Little Rock 6:30-9PM at which time 15 Veterans will be inducted into the Hall of Fame and awarded the Hall of Fame Medallion by US Senator Mark Pryor and Lt. Governor Mark Darr.
Of the fifteen inductees eleven will be inducted for exceptional military accomplishments and four will be selected for combined military/civilian service to our State and Nation. The 2012 inductees are:
- Brigadier General Herbert Lloyd of Hope, Arkansas, 2 Silver Stars, 4 Bronze Stars, and 2 Purple Hearts, Vietnam
- Colonel Paul Longgrear of Jonesboro, Arkansas (now living in Pine Mountain, Georgia), Silver Star, 3 Bronze Stars, 2 Purple Hearts, Vietnam
- Sergeant Stephen Branham of Des Arc, Arkansas(now living in Houston, Texas), Distinguished Service Cross, 4 Bronze Stars, Purple Heart, Vietnam
- Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock,(deceased) of North Little Rock, Arkansas, Silver Star, Purple Heart, Vietnam
- Brigadier General Lynn Hooper of Jonesboro, Arkansas(now living in Alexandria, Virginia), 2 Silver Stars, 2 Bronze Stars, Purple Heart and The Distinguished Flying Cross, Vietnam
- 1st Lieutenant Harry Godwin (deceased) of Hampton, Arkansas, Distinguished Service Cross, 2 Bronze Stars, Purple Heart, Vietnam
- 1st Lieutenant Walter Rhodes of Benton, Arkansas, Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Korea
- Colonel Charles Milam of Camden, Arkansas (now living in Rotonda West, Florida), Silver Star, Bronze Star, Korea
- Sergeant Artis Breland of Camden, Arkansas, Distinguished Service Cross, Purple Heart, Vietnam
- Master Sergeant James Clifton of Vilonia, Arkansas, Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, WWII & Korea
- Colonel Jesse Johnson of Pocohontas, Arkansas (now living Valrico, Florida), 3 Silver Stars, 3 Purple Hearts, Distinguished Service Cross, Defense Distinguished Service Medal, Vietnam, Gulf War
- Sergeant Dale Bumpers of Charleston, Arkansas, Governor of Arkansas, U.S. Senator, WWII
- Sergeant Major Don Cain of Bearden, Arkansas, Korean Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Korea
- Major Ronnie Miller of Jonesboro, Arkansas, 2 Distinguished Flying Crosses, 2 Bronze Stars, Vietnam
- Private First Class Albert Richardson of Jonesboro, Arkansas, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, WWII
"Arkansas is home to over 284,000 Veterans and we are pleased to play a role in honoring the service of these 15 extraordinary Arkansans. We hope as many as possible will join us November 9th to honor these true heroes", said Colonel Conrad Reynolds (Ret.), Director of the Arkansas Military Veterans Hall of Fame.
Tickets to the Induction Banquet may be purchased by calling 888-329-3845. Persons calling should leave their phone number and indicate the number of tickets needed. The public is also encouraged to nominate deserving Arkansans for the 2013 induction class by downloading nomination forms on the AMVHOF website.