LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Parents, how many times have you said to your child, "go clean your room!" only for it to be destroyed again the very next day?
Becca Clark, owner of Creative Convenience, has some great tips on helping kids declutter and maintain an organized space.
1. Remove anything currently not in use
2. Have the child help set up the organization system
3. Keep their perspective in mind
4. Store like things together - corral and contain
5. Use fun, colorful containers - label if appropriate
6. Make clean up a breeze when it's easy to put things away
Many of us are procrastinators, or maybe even perfectionists -- and this makes tackling the task even more difficult. Clark says to make decluttering less stressful in all areas of your home, follow these simple tips:
1. Break it up
2. Ask yourself some questions
3. Consider the audience and the expectations
4. Time it
Click on the video links above for all of Becca's advice! And if you would prefer to let a professional organize your home, contact Creative Convenience via their website, by phone at 501-620-0546 or through Facebook. You can also check out Becca's blog.