LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - In the fall in Arkansas, there is never a shortage of things to do. At Pinnacle Mountain State Park alone, there are events going on all month.
And most, won't cost you a dime.
-On October 6th from 1-3 p.m. at the Visitor Center there will be a program about geology with geologist Sandra Chandler. A hike on the Rocky Valley Trail will follow the presentation to provide examples of the geologic formations discussed in her presentation. The program is fee to the public and all events take place at the West Summit picnic area.
-On October 13th from 9-12 p.m. volunteers are needed to help clean and mend the trails of Pinnacle Mountain State Park. This is a great way to give back to the park and preserve its beauty. Contact Volunteer Coordinator Cale Davenport at 501-868-5806 for more details.
-On October 20th the park will be having its first 'Paws On Pinnacle' event. This all day event will offer the following schedule:
- 8am BASE TRAIL HIKE WITH YOUR DOG
- 10am-3pm PULASKI CO. HUMANE SOCIETY ADOPTION MOBILE ON SITE
- 11am-2pm DOG and OWNER PHOTOS
- 11am Dr. LaVERGNE DVM from Westrock Animal Hospital ON CANINE CARE
- 12pm JUSTINE BAKER ON CANINE ACTIVE GEAR
- 1pm BLUE SKY DOGS AGILITY AND OBEDIENCE DEMONSTRATIONS
- 3pm HOWL-O-WEEN CONSTUME CONTEST
Early registration for the costume contest is welcomed, call 501-868-5806 for registration. All events are free to the public.
-Halloween Hayrides will be offered October 27th ,28th and 29th from 5-7 p.m. Cost is $10 adults and $5 children (ages 6-12). Call 501-868-5806 for details.
For a complete list of events and information, click here.