LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Heading over the river and through the woods to grandma's house is not as simple as it sounds. Travel planning can sometimes take a back seat to holiday shopping, decorating, cooking and special events.
Little Rock Family Editor Heather Bennett is here today with mom-approved tips to ensure your trip is (mostly) smooth sailing.
1. Set ground rules and expectations
2. Bring toys, books and technology
3. Play traditional traveling games
4. Plan for sleeping, stretching and changing
5. Stock up on snacks and supplies
For more great advice, click the THVideo.