Festival of Trees will take place Nov. 29 - Dec. 1. (Photo: CARTI Auxiliary)
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (CARTI) -- Ticket sales are underway for the 36th annual CARTI Auxiliary Festival of Trees, a three-day holiday celebration and fundraiser benefitting CARTI cancer patients scheduled for Nov. 29-Dec. 1 at the Statehouse Convention Center Ballroom in downtown Little Rock.
The CARTI Auxiliary Festival of Trees serves as an umbrella title for a slate of five individual events all centered around seasonal celebrations benefiting the statewide network of cancer care facilities.
More than 25 elaborately decorated trees once again serve as the focal point of the festival, which offers attendees daily opportunities to "Stroll through the Forest" to view trees which vary from the elegantly attired to the whimsically clever.
"Stroll Through the Forest" general viewing times are scheduled for: Friday, November 30, 1:30-4 p.m.; and Saturday, December 1, 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Ticket prices for "Stroll Through the Forest" are $5 for adults and $3 for children. Children age two and under receive free admission.
Other Festival of Trees activities and events include:
• Sugar Plum Ball. Visions of sugar plums dance not only in the head, but also on the dance floor at this classic daddy-daughter date night event in which a little princess and the Prince Charming of her choice step directly into a storybook setting with for an evening of dining, dancing and entertainment. (6-8:30 p.m., Nov. 29; tickets, $40 each.)
• Festival of Fashion. In the grand tradition of New York Fashion Week, Festival of Fashion is the perfect "Ladies Holi-Day Out" complete with champagne, hors d'oeuvres and a professional runway show highlighting the hottest styles of some of Central Arkansas' most popular boutiques. (10 a.m., doors open; 11 a.m., show; Nov. 30; tickets, $50 each.)
• Festival After Dark. A casual holiday mixer designed especially for sophisticated singles and cosmopolitan couples, Festival After Dark highlights include live entertainment by Dr. Zarr's Amazing Funk Monster Band and "A Taste of the Season" which features a sampling of many delicious dishes from 12 of Central Arkansas' finest restaurants. (7 p.m., Nov. 30; tickets, $50.)
• Breakfast with Santa. Family fun is paramount at this hearty, holiday meal with the Big Man. Arkansas' own children's recording star Brian Kinder will provide live entertainment, and children can get their picture with Santa. (9-10:30 a.m., Dec. 1; tickets, $15 each.)
• Tux 'n Trees. Fine dining, dancing, live and silent auctions and the presentation of the CARTI Champion Award to Delta Dental of Arkansas are among the highlights of this formal gala, the cornerstone Festival event since 1976. Live entertainment will be provided by Gerald Johnson & Company. (6 p.m., Dec. 1; tickets, $200 each.)
Since its debut in 1976, the CARTI Auxiliary Festival of Trees has evolved from an affair measured in hours into an Arkansas holiday tradition marked by days and has raised in excess of $6 million for CARTI and the cancer patients of Arkansas.
For a complete schedule of Festival events and/or ticket availability, contact the Festival of Trees office at 501-660-7634 or visit the CARTI web site at www.carti.com.
CARTI is a nonprofit cancer center with multiple facilities located throughout Arkansas. The CARTI Foundation was incorporated in 1983 as a non-profit organization to assist CARTI in meeting the current and future needs of Arkansas cancer patients and their families.
(Source: CARTI Auxiliary)