LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Furniture tip-over injuries have increased dramatically over time, making it a huge child safety issue.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, on average, one child dies every two weeks when a TV, piece of furniture, or an appliance falls.
TV placement on furniture
· When installing a TV for the first time or relocating an existing TV within the home, use stands either specifically recommended by the TV manufacturer or specifically designed to support the size and weight of the TV.
· Make sure that furniture is stable on its own.
· Make sure that furniture is stable after the TV is placed on the furniture.
· For added security, anchor the furnishing to the floor or attach the entertainment center or TV stand to the wall using appropriate hardware, such as brackets, screws or toggles
· Place TVs on sturdy furniture appropriate for its size.
Pam Tortorich an Arkansas Children Injury Prevention Specialist stops by "THV 11 News This Morning."