LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The state's oldest community fundraising event is back!
Every year hundreds of people and dozens of local restaurants come together to honor and raise awareness about Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.
Kirk Bradshaw is on the event committee and Matt Bell is a chef at the soon-to-open South On Main. They both stopped by "THV 11 News This Morning" to share more.
Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013
4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
11301 Financial Centre Parkway
$20 per adult in advance; $25 at the door
$5 per child ages 5-12
$50 for VIP Signature Soup Room
Available for purchase at www.aradvocates.org and by
calling (501) 371-9678.
Soup Sunday Facts
• Soup Sunday has been the primary fundraiser for the past 32 years for Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.
• It features soups, breads and desserts from more than 25 local restaurants, along with kids activities, live music, a silent auction with jewelry, pottery, parties for children and more.
• Over 1,000 people attended last year, raising over $68,000.
• Restaurants include Cotham's in the City, Acadia, Arthur's Steakhouse, Dave's Place, The Faded Rose, and Red Door/Loca Luna.
• Returning this year: VIP Signature Soup Room! Watch Chef Matt Bell prepare a signature soup. Don't miss the opportunity to try one of his recipes before he opens his new restaurant, South on Main Street in Oxford American's new building. Complimentary beer, wine, bread and desserts will also be provided. VIP Room hours are 4-7 p.m. VIP tickets, which cost $50, also allow guests into the main venue.
On the web at www.aradvocates.org.