LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- There's no good reason in the world to hang onto these bad habits, they aren't helping your marriage at all. Here are five habits to break today from Reader's Digest.
For the complete list check out: Avoid Marriage Counseling: Break These 8 Bad Habits Today
1. Nagging, nagging, nagging - We know about the squeaky wheel, but complaining loud and long gets you only short-term gains and builds up powerful discontent on your spouse's side.
2. Blaming, criticizing, and name-calling - These tactics belittle the person you promised to love, honor, and cherish and don't address the responsibility you both share for your marital happiness.
3. Peacekeeping and passiveness - A 'whatever you say, Dear' attitude may keep your home quieter but leaves you in the martyr's role. You'll end up angry, defensive, and a drudge.
4. Stonewalling - Another stall maneuver, stonewalling stops arguments and constructive discussions cold. Not much can happen when one spouse just won't talk about it.
5. Making big decisions alone - If you're making major decisions about your money, your time, your kids, and your family life along, you're acting without accountability and cutting off the possibility of joint decision-making.