LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The Arkansas Foodbank is hosting the annual Empty Bowls dinner and auction. The event will be held in our 'industrial chic' warehouse at, 4301 West 65th Street, Little Rock, Arkansas, 72209, on Thursday, April 25, at 6 p.m.
Restaurants that will be featuring a buffet style dinner are: Trios, Ashley's at The Capital Hotel, Catering To You, Whole Hog Cafe, Golden Corral, The Pantry, Corky's, Bar Louie, Forty Two, Your Mama's Good Food, Pizza Café, Taziki's, Scallions, and Repicci's Italian Ice of Little Rock.
The live and silent auctions will include trips, weekend getaways, sports paraphernalia and other valuable items including:
• Tickets from Southwest Airlines (anywhere Southwest Airlines Flies)
• Memphis Vacation Package Incl. Crowne Plaza Hotel Memphis
• Baseball signed by Torii Hunter and Cliff Lee
• 2012 Razorback Autographed Basketball (Inc. Scottie Thurman, Coach Mike Anderson, Razorback Team)
• A fitness package from D1 sports and StraightRight boxing
• Jewelry from James Avery Jewelers
• Painting from Artist Lori Weeks
The Arkansas Foodbank, the largest food bank in Arkansas, is a member of Feeding America and the Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance. Its warehouses in Little Rock, Warren, and Caddo Valley serve approximately 270 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other agencies that provide aid directly to hungry Arkansans.
Last year the Foodbank distributed more than 14 million pounds of food to agencies that help feed the hungry. For information on how you can fight hunger, visit the Foodbank website at www.arkansasfoodbank.org.