Photo Courtesy: UA Athletics (Walt Beazley)
Gainesville, Fla. - The No. 53 University of Arkansas men's tennis team dropped its match 4-0 against No. 20 Florida, Sunday afternoon, at the Linder Stadium at the Ring Tennis Complex.
Arkansas couldn't get going against the Gators dropping the doubles point and giving Florida the 1-0 lead.
Jovan Parlic and Victor Hoang's match against Alford and Johnson was not finished due to Florida clinching the doubles point.
The Gators continued to dominate in singles taking the first three matches to give them the 4-0 victory.
The Razorbacks will be back in action next weekend with its final home matches of the season. Arkansas will host Tennessee Friday afternoon at 1 p.m. Sunday will be a doubleheader with Georgia at 1 p.m. followed by St. Louis University. Seniors Gregoire Lehmann and Mike Ward will be honored during the Georgia game for their four years of play.
#53 Arkansas 0 vs. #20 Florida 4
1. Stephane Piro (UF) vs. Manfred Jeske (ARK) 6-2, 4-5 DNF
2. Florent Diep (UF) vs. Mike Nott (ARK) 6-3, 4-5 DNF
3. Billy Federhofer (UF) def. Mike Ward (ARK) 6-3, 6-2
4. Mike Alford (UF) def. Victor Hoang (ARK) 6-0, 6-2
5. Gordon Watson (UF) vs. Santiago Munoz (ARK) 7-6 (1), 1-0 DNF
6. Luke Johnson (UF) def. Jovan Parlic (ARK) 6-3, 6-2
1. Piro/van Overbeek (UF) def. #35 Jeske/Nott (ARK) 8-3
2. *#53 Federhofer/Watson (UF) def. Fess/Munoz (ARK) 8-3
3. Alford/Johnson (UF) vs. Parlic/ (ARK) 5-4 DNF
Eimily Robinson: UofA Media Relations