LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – Friday is just around the corner, and with it comes "THV In Your Town!" The team is heading to Hot Springs to visit Magic Springs.
While we're there, kids can try out for our THV11 Kidcaster! It's your child's chance to play weatherman on THV11.
Between the hours of 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday, June 20 at Magic Springs, kids ages 6-12 can audition. Four kids will be selected to appear on THV11 This Morning!
*Note: Parent or legal guardian must be present at audition.*
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Kidcaster Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the state of Arkansas. Entrant must meet the qualifications in the prior sentence and be the parent or legal guardian of a child between the ages of 6 to 12 living in the geographic eligibility area ("Entrant"). Employees and contractors of KTHV-TV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Magic Springs and Crystal Falls Water Park and each of its respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to be a Entrant.
3. How to Enter: The Contest will begin at 3:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, June 20, 2014 and end at 7:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Friday, June 20, 2014 (the "Contest Period").
In-Person Entry. To enter, Entrants must appear in person at Magic Springs and Crystal Falls Water Park (1701 E Grand Ave, Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901) with their children they wish to enter in the Contest on Friday, June 20, 2014 between 3:00 p.m. (C.T.) and 7:00 p.m. (C.T.) and complete an entry form on behalf of their child, and each Entrant's child will be required to perform a live, two (2)-minute weather forecast audition before a panel of judges selected by Sponsor. Each Entrant will also be required to complete and submit a release to Sponsor in connection with their child's participation in the Contest. Judges may disqualify any auditions that Sponsor deems to contain offensive, indecent or inappropriate material, contain trademarks, service marks, or infringe on the rights of others. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, videotape, broadcast, or otherwise display or use any of the audition entries in any way it seems fit without limitation or compensation to Entrants or their children.
Limit one (1) entry per Entrant for any one eligible child during the Contest Period. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. A panel of judges selected by Sponsor will judge and evaluate all auditions of eligible entries received on Monday, June 23, 2013. The criteria for judging will be creativity of the performance (50%) and personality of the child displayed during the audition (50%). The four (4) entries that receive the highest score will be designated as the Winners. In the event of a tie among any of the entries, the Winners will be randomly selected from among the tied entries by the Sponsor. Decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. The winners will be the child featured in the winning entries.
5. Prizes and Odds. Each of the four (4) Winners will be invited to appear on air with meteorologist Tom Brannon to present a live weather report on one Friday morning designated by Sponsor during the month of July during the live broadcast of Sponsor's "Morning Show" from 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) and 7:00 a.m. (C.T.) at Sponsor's studio at 720 Izard St., Little Rock. AR. (ARV: $100.00).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Each of the winning Entrants will be notified on or about Tuesday, June 24, 2014. Sponsor will call winning Entrant at the telephone number provided on the entry form during regular business hours and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winning Entrant by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of the Winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. After notification and verification of eligibility, each of the Winner's names will be announced during Sponsor's "Morning Show Newscast" on July 1, 2014. Sponsor will contact each Winner to arrange a specific date for such Winner's broadcast appearance. Each Winner will claim the prize by his/her appearance at Sponsor's studio with his/her parent or legal guardian and each parent or legal guardian present a valid photo identification. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant's submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be completed by each Winner's parent or legal guardian and returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes Winner's parent or legal guardian's consent to the publication of the Winner's name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible Winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or videos), poor quality photos or videos, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each Entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the Nominator's submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each Entrant agree that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Kidcaster Contest is sponsored by KTHV-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after July 15, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.thv11.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), Kidcaster Contest, 720 Izard St, Little Rock, AR 72201. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Kenny Allison at email@example.com, or 501-244-4511.