LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Deanna Fleming with Catering Creations shares this recipe.
Goat Cheese and Spinach Quesadilla (courtesy of Fitness Magazine)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cups thinly sliced onion
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 9 ounces baby spinach
• 4 8 inches whole-wheat flour tortillas
• 4 ounces semisoft goat cheese
• 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sugar and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is dark golden brown. Remove from pan. Add the spinach and 1 tablespoon water to the skillet; cook 2 minutes, or until spinach is just wilted. Remove from skillet and turn off heat. Spread a quarter of the goat cheese on each tortilla and top with spinach, tomato and onion; fold closed and press lightly. Heat the skillet and place two folded quesadillas in it; cook two minutes per side, or until golden brown and lightly crisp. Repeat.