LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A sore throat can put a damper on even the best of days. THV 11 is working for you this morning, helping with remedies to have you and your throat feeling better from Cha Cha.
1. Aspirin. Take as directed, but remember not to give to children under the age of 18 because it may cause Reye's syndrome.
2. Popsicles. These are a great relief for a sore throat. Just let little pieces melt down your throat.
3. Gargling. It relieves throat pain by reducing inflamation and phlegm. Try gargling with respberry or sage tea or warm saltwater.
4. Garlic. An old Amish remedy for a sore throat, contains allicin (allyson), which can kill strep bacteria. All you need to do is peel a clove of garlic, stick a piece in each cheek and let it work its magic.
5. Chloroseptic. It's an analgesic spray that offers temporary relief of sore throat pain. Go grab a bottle because it's safe to use as needed.
6. Lozenges. They ease a sore throat by coating it. Even a plain hard candy can have the same effect. Simply allow the candy to dissolve and flow down your throat without too much sucking.