LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Moving from crib to bed is yet another milestone in your toddler's life, and parents can make bed time go smoothly with a few simple tricks and tips.
Mandy Richardson from Centers for Youth and Families joined THV 11 This Morning and shared tips to make it easier for everyone involved.
Here are some tips to make this transition easier:
- Use toddler beds first, then twin
- Put the "big kid bed" where the crib was for familiarity to the child
- Keep your child's favorite thing with them in the bed
- Consider your child's development skills at this point in time
- Allow your child to have some control - bedtime at 8, lights out at 8:15
- Parents: RELAX!
- Have a Big Kid Bed Party