LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- March Madness is right around the corner. And some of the action even starts today with Arkansas playing in the SEC tournament.
And nothing completes a basketball game like the perfect food.
Anthony Michael from the Cross-Eyed Pig is here with an idea right for tournament time that won't keep you in the kitchen all day.
Easy beef stew
3-4 lbs chuck/pot roast (cubed into 1" or less squares)
1 stick of butter
3 large onions
2 lbs carrots (peeled and cubed)
1 celery bunch
4 cloves garlic (minced)
5 lbs potatoes peeled and diced (uncooked)
1 small jalapeno (minced)
Salt and pepper and gravy mix to taste
1. Mince 1 large onion, jalapeno and garlic and put into large pot and sautee until it is golden brown.
2. Add cubed meat and cook until browned.
3. Add remaining vegetables into pot and add water until ingredients are covered.
4. Simmer all day or at least for four to six hours until meat is tender.
5. Let cool and sit in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Pull off any grease or fat that has come to the top.
7. Reheat and add salt and pepper to taste. Thicken with gravy mix to desired thickness.