MAYFLOWER, Ark. (KTHV) -- That was Exxon officials responded Thursday to concerns about access and information regarding Friday's oil spill in Mayflower.
"I'm disappointed that perception is out there because we've worked very hard to get information to the community and to the media," one explained.
The neighborhood and area has been closed to media and residents for six days, but Exxon said that is simply for safety reasons. Meanwhile, Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel set an April 10 deadline for ExxonMobil to produce documents connected to the company's spill.
Governor Mike Beebe responded on camera for the first time since the oil spill. He visited the site earlier this week and said a lot of questions remain but the answers will take time.
"Number one, you got to figure out what caused it and therefore what should have been done if it wasn't done or what needs to be done in the future going forward," Beebe explained.
The governor added that anytime you have a situation like this, there will be a lot of questions. He said he is confident the Attorney General's office will take appropriate action in their investigation.
"I've also talked to the feds and the administrator of the pipeline safety under the department of transportation, and so there are still some unanswered questions about the latest tests and they apparently did a test in February in this very section on this very pipeline, and they don't have the results back yet," Beebe said.