LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- This morning we're showing you the hidden hazards in your refrigerator that you should throw out immediately.
Check out the full list from Kitchen Daily:Things In Your Fridge You Should Throw Away Immediately
1. Open tins of canned goods - It's best to store canned contents in a separate food storage container or covered bowl. Food high in tin-concentration can cause short-term symptoms like fever and nausea.
2. Old leftovers - The storage time for leftovers in the fridge should not exceed four days to prevent food-borne illnesses. Past four days, you are at risk of consuming contaminated food that can cause food poisoning. Symptoms can include upset stomach, vomiting and diarrhea.
3. Bacon and deli meat - Daily consumption of processed meats like bacon, cold cuts and sausage, is associated with a 19-percent increased risk of the disease in humans. Replace processed meat with healthier alternatives like fresh, unprocessed and preservative-free roasted or grilled chicken or turkey.
4. Margarine - When consumed in large amounts, it increases bad cholesterol and lowers good cholesterol. The solid stick form of margarine contains more trans fat than the tub spreads.
5. Non-organic apples - Eating produce laced with pesticides can cause acute poisoning to the brain and nervous system, and put you at risk of cancer. Try to buy organic or at your local farmer's market, but be careful: organic produce does not always mean free of chemicals.