LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Fair Park Elementary in Little Rockwas evacuated due to a gas leak.
A firefighter on the scenetells THV 11 Newsthe school, located at 616 North Harrison St., was evacuated around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Pam Smith with the Little Rock School District says the students have been cleared to return to the school at 10:20 a.m.
Smith says an independent crew putting up playground equipment hit the gas line.
Principal Judy Milam says the students had recently been practicing fire drills which came in handy. The students were evacuated to a church parking lot two blocks away.
Smith says the students passed the time practicing a play and an impromptu picnic.