With 2013 coming to and end, here's a look back at11 of THV11's favorite feel-good stories of the year.
• Finding Melvin the Broom Man (http://on.kthv.com/11aTacp )
For 63 years, one salesman has strolled the Heights area of Little Rock making a living by selling brooms. Some days he made a lot of sales and others he went home empty handed, but when he stopped coming around a few weeks back, everyone took notice.
• Injured Henderson State player returns to campus; community rallies for him (http://on.kthv.com/18A9mrx )
A Henderson State University football player who suffered a career-ending injury during Saturday's game has returned to the campus in Arkadelphia.
• Meet the Little Rock dog whisperer (http://on.kthv.com/1cn4x2G )
Up and down Little Rock streets, Daniel Lilly has walked dogs hundreds of times over the years. Lilly is a familiar face in downtown little rock, and he is a man that many claim is a dog whisperer.
• Mr. Wiggles wags (http://on.kthv.com/J2Y7hq )
Arkansas communities rallied around an injured dog dropped off at the Sherwood Animal Shelter in need of surgery.
• Story behind Sherwood's "Sign Guy" (http://on.kthv.com/18wRji7 )
His smile will brighten your day, and his dedication to his work will inspire you. Along Highway 107 in Sherwood, a man by the name of Kevin Johnson said he takes pride in shaking his sign and bringing smiles.
• 13-year old overcomes incredible odds to play drums (http://on.kthv.com/1aWrl7W )
Since birth, he's been told by so many people he "can't." But he is proving every one of them wrong.
• Little Rock hedgehog becomes internet star (http://on.kthv.com/1bAwZBi )
The life of a hedgehog is a peculiar one. The animals have unique personalities, and Bill and P.J. Mattus embrace them all at Arkansas Hedgehog Rescue.
• Former ACH patient gives back through the gift of song (http://on.kthv.com/1c061VG)
A former Arkansas Children's Hospital patient turned her success story into inspiration for others.
• Throws for Heroes, honoring veterans all year long (http://on.kthv.com/18kxFvJ )
Twin sisters Marlene Walker and Darlene Riddling created Throws for Heroes - coming from a long line of service men and seeing what they go through. They have even recruited other family members to help sew and distribute quilts to honor those who have served and are serving our country.
• Damon Bivens: The car line captain (http://on.kthv.com/1bUFRU3 )
THV's Alyse Eady traveled to Cabot to meet the man responsible for getting students days started off on the right foot.
• Little Rock dog, John D., gains national recognition for saving lives, detecting cancer (http://on.kthv.com/1eyfLTp )
A dog found at a Little Rock shelter is gaining national recognition and will be honored in Hollywood this fall.
Viewer's Choicefor their favorite feel-good story of the year:
• Kali's Story (http://on.kthv.com/16sKmPn )
Kali, of Benton, fought and beat a very rare and usually fatal brain infection after visiting an area water park in July.