LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Marriott) - Every year, millions of people walk down the aisle and begin the start of their new lives together as couples. December is the most popular month in which to get engaged with 26 percent of all engagements happening with in the month, so January starts the wild search for Venues, Caterers and planners.
Below are some fun wedding statistics you can use to plan your wedding or share with a friend who is about to get hitched:
• Average wedding cost - $28,000
• Average number of guests - 152
• Average number of bridesmaids - 5
• Most popular month to get engaged - December
• Most popular months to get married: June and September
• Two of the most popular colors - Blue and Purple
• Average length of engagements - 14 months
• Average spent on Wedding Dress - $1,211
• Average Cost of Cake - $651
• Average cost of Floral - $1,997
• Average Price per person spent on Catering - $68
• Most expensive state to have your wedding - New York - Average cost $76,687
• Least expensive State - Alaska - Average cost $15,015
For even more tips to help you plan, check out the video attached to this story.