LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – July 2 is World UFO Day.
According to the National UFO Reporting Center, Arkansas has had 12 reports of UFO sightings in 2014.
Take a look at the sightings reported and their descriptions:
- May 22 – Dardanelle: Zig-zagging orb seen over Arkansas River
- May 13 – Bentonville: Strange fast moving light above Bentonville
- May 1 – Mountain Home: The moon was covered by a very strange shaped shadow, eclipsing the moon for at least 40 minutes
- April 24 – Rogers: Light disappear into space
- March 29 – North Little Rock: Orange sphere in northern Pulaski County
- March 16 – West Fork: Really bright light, radio stopped working
- Jan. 30 – Hot Springs: No information
- Jan. 28 – Fayetteville: Streak of green light
- Jan. 27 – Highfill: Triangular craft three green lights visible
- Jan. 24 – Beebe: Triangle UFO observed for 15 minutes over Arkansas interstate 67 just past mile marker 29.
- Jan. 15 – Pleasant Grove: The object was stationary, color of shiny brass, gave me the feeling of being "huge, and far away."
- Jan. 7 – Gassville: We saw some very unusual events in the sky that possibly involved normal aircraft and un-normal aircraft.
The sightings reported to the National UFO Center date back to 1950. See the full list: http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxlAR.html
Some of the most buzzed-about reported UFO sightings: http://on.kthv.com/1o1uvi0