NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – According to a press release from superintendent Kelly Rodgers, the North Little Rock School District Board of Education unanimously approved five new hires.
In addition to four other hires, former Bryant School District superintendent Randy Rutherford was reportedly voted as new principal of North Little Rock High School. Rodgers said that as a former superintendent, Rutherford brings years of experience and knowledge.
In March, THV reported that Rutherford had been placed on administrative leave from the Bryant School District. In April, a "separation agreement" was released to the media. In it, Rutherford agreed to submit his resignation to the district.
Rodgers said that before serving as superintendent in Bryant, Rutherford was a principal at J.A. Fair and an assistant principal at Central High School.
Commenting on North Little Rock School District's new hires, Rodgers was quoted in the press release saying, "This is obviously an important hiring week for the North Little Rock School District. We're excited about the opportunity to add this caliber of educators and leaders to our district leadership. This is a major win for the students, teachers, faculty and families of these schools, and we're looking forward to continued progress and innovation for our students."
Full list of hires:
- Randy Rutherford, principal of North Little Rock School High School, who recently served as superintendent of Bryant School District
- Jennifer Brown, director of special services for the district, who recently served as administrator for curriculum and assessment for the Arkansas Department of Education
- Chris Sierra, principal of Meadow Park Elementary, who recently served as assistant principal at the district's 10th-grade campus the past two years
- Abby Stone, principal of Boone Park Elementary, interim principal at Pike View Elementary
- Gene Hawk, director of facilities, owner of Gene Hawk Consulting
Source: NLRSD Press Release, thv11.com