Dr. T. Glenn Pait with UAMS answers questions on everything from dry mouth to taking cod liver oil.
UNDATED (KTHV) - No matter what the question, no one can stump Dr. T. Glenn Pait with UAMS. He's cracking open up his medical mailbag to answer your questions.
These are the questions he covered:
- I run frequently with a friend and he started drinking coconut water. He says it's a better sports drink than the other. Should I switch to coconut water?
- I'm now 71 years old and I wake up in the middle of the night with a very dry mouth and feeling parched.
- Which is better for you, avocado oil or olive oil?
- I tend to get razor burns and bumps in my bikini area and sometimes under my armpits. They want to know it's summer time. What they can do?
- I have several moles on my face with hairs growing out of them. If I pluck them and I continue to pluck them, Dr. Pait, will this increase the chances of the moles becoming malignant or cancerous.
- When I was much younger my grandmother would take cod liver oil to help lubricate her joints. Now that I'm older, I've developed some aches and pains and they're not all the time.. This person is wondering if that cod liver oil will help.
- I take Aleve for aches and pain and I'm also taking a baby aspirin as recommended by my doctor to help prevent heart attack. Since I'm taking the Aleve, do I still need to take the aspirin?