THV Summer Cereal Drive celebrates our 15th YEAR!
Our 2015 goal – 225,000 boxes!
For the last 14 years, YOU, THV11, and the Arkansas Foodbank - in partnership with local businesses, groups, and schools - have provided over 1.5 million breakfasts to Arkansas kids.
In 2014, you helped donate a record 218,000 boxes of cereal, providing over 150,000 breakfasts throughout central and southeast Arkansas!
Send pics of your cereal drive efforts to #SCD15 and #BeOn11
What is the Cereal Drive?
The THV Summer Cereal Drive provides hungry families in Arkansas with non-perishable breakfast items that are both nutritious and kid-friendly. Your donations help provide healthy breakfast options for children and families in central Arkansas who would otherwise go without the most important meal of the day - breakfast.
In addition to individuals donating boxes, businesses can register for a friendly competition!
When is the Cereal Drive?
- Dates: June 1, 2015 – June 26, 2015
- Kickoff Breakfast: Friday, May 29th 5 a.m. – 7 a.m. at the Arkansas Foodbank Warehouse
- Drop off Finale: Friday, June 26th, live from 5 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Foodbank Warehouse. Businesses and organizations are encouraged to drop off their final donations at the Foodbank that day.
- Awards Breakfast: Friday, July 10th at the Foodbank Warehouse.
When and Where is Business Registration?
- May 1, 2015 – June 8, 2015
- Click here to register: Summer Cereal Drive Registration
What Can I Donate?
- Dry cereal - boxes OR bags, 8oz. or more (Think Nutritious!)
- Cereal/Breakfast Bars
- Pop Tarts
- Cream of Wheat
Where Do I Donate?
ONLINE -- Can't make it out to a community site to make a donation? Donate a box of cereal online! Just visit ArkansasFoodbank.org and make a donation to the "virtual cereal drive." Pick out your favorite box of cereal and/or select a dollar amount to donate. It's that easy. Get more here: Virtual Cereal Drive
INDIVIDUALS — Drop off cereal at area participating Walmart locations.
THV11 This Morning LIVE locations (5:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.) :
Tuesday, June 2nd: Bryant Wal Mart Supercenter (Alyse Eady)
Friday, June 5th: Arkadelphia Brookshire's (Alyse Eady)
Tuesday, June 9th: Cabot Knight's Grocery (Tom Brannon)
Friday, June 12th: Morrilton Wal-Mart Supercenter (Tom Brannon)
Tuesday, June 16th: Hot Springs Albert Pike Wal-Mart Super Center (Tom Brannon)
Friday, June 19th: Pine Bluff Brookshire's on Hazel Street (Tom Brannon)
Tuesday, June 23rd: LR/NLR THV11 Cereal Throwdown Mornings vs. Evenings
- Tom Brannon Live at Kroger on Markham & Rodney Parham in Little Rock 5 – 9:30 am
- Craig O'Neill or Ed Buckner Live at Kroger on McCain Blvd. in NLR 5 – 7 pm
Friday, June 26th: Little Rock - Arkansas Foodbank Warehouse (Wrap-up 4:30-12:30) LAST DAY TO DONATE
Businesses are to drop off their donations at the Arkansas Foodbank. Please drop off Monday-Friday between 8 a.m - Noon or 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. The Foodbank is located at 4301 West 65th Street in Little Rock. Call Erica McFadden with the Foodbank at 501-569-4311 for delivery information or help.