LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – May 20 is Primary Election Day in Arkansas. Want your voice to be heard, but don't know how? Here's what you need to know.

Where to vote

Need to know where to vote? Fill out your name and birthday online with the Secretary of State's office and it will tell you where to cast your ballot election day and the districts you will be voting for.

Click here to check: https://www.voterview.ar-nova.org/VoterView/RegistrantSearch.do

When to vote

Vote at your poll on Election Day from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. You can vote early from 7 to 15 days prior to Election Day. In most counties, early voting is conducted at the county clerk's office from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Vote absentee

You can only vote absentee on the following conditions:

  • You will be unavoidably absent from your polling site on Election Day, or
  • You will be unable to attend your polling site due to illness or physical disability.

View more information on Absentee voting in Arkansas

Arkansas Voter ID Law

When you vote in this year, a new state law requires you to show a state or federal photo ID. If your photo ID has an expiration date, it cannot have expired more than four years before the election you're voting in.

You can use one of these examples:

  • Driver's license
  • College ID
  • U.S. Passport
  • Military ID
  • Conceal carry permit
  • State or federal employee badge

If you don't have any of the types of photo ID, contact your county clerk to get a free voter ID card before you head to the polls. Download the Application and Oath.

You can also learn more about Arkansas voter ID requirements with these links:

If you forget/don't have your ID when you vote

If you forget your ID or if you don't have one when you go to cast your vote, you will be given a provisional ballot to take home with you, and you have until the following Monday to bring the ballot to your county clerk's office filled out with an ID for it to be counted.

You can get more information on voting in Arkansas on the Secretary of State's website or call them at (501) 682-1010.

Read or Share this story: http://on.kthv.com/1gvRwwj