LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – According to the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission (AGFC), the statewide free fishing weekend started at noon on Friday.
The event means that all residents and nonresidents may fish this weekend without fishing licenses or trout permits. There is no fee for the program, and it lasts until midnight Sun., June 8.
Kids 12 and younger can also participate in a Kid's Fishing Day at AGFC fish hatcheries Sat., June 9 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Each pond will be stocked with catchable-size fish. All participants must bring their own fishing tackle and bait. Each child has a limit of three fish per child, and one rod or pole per child.
AGFC said regulations for Arkansas waters do still apply; daily limits, slot limits and length limits must be observed.
List of fish hatcheries in Arkansas:
- Joe Hogan State Fish Hatchery - 23 Joe Hogan Lane | Lonoke (877) 676-6963
- C.B. Craig State Fish Hatchery - 977 West Fish Hatchery Road | Centerton (877) 795-2470
- Andrew Hulsey State Fish Hatchery - 350 Fish Hatchery Road | Hot Springs (877) 525-8606
- William Donham State Fish Hatchery - 3587 U.S. Hwy. 67 West | Corning (877) 857-3876
- Jim Hinkle/Spring River State Fish Hatchery - 895 Ark. Hwy. 342 | Mammoth Spring (877) 625-7521